Wednesday, January 7, 2009


Okay, so it feels like forever since I last recommended a book. I just recently started the recommended books by Danny, the Stephanie Plum series. I am on the 3rd book Three To Get Deadly, and let me tell you, I sure hope Plum stays with Joe Morelli because he is hot stuff!!!! Before starting the Plum series I read a really good book called the Glass Castle, (also recommended by Oprah a while back). It is a really short Memoir about a girl named Jeannette Walls and the life experiences, adventures and downfalls she has experienced in her life. Her parents were nonconformist and lived as nomads, moving among the southwest desert towns, camping in mountains and sleeping in cars. It's her true-life story growing up and how she made a life for herself. It is truly an interesting and amazing story that is incredibly humbling. Her story is of triumph against all odds, but also a tender, moving story of unconditional love in a family that despite the many flaws gave her the determination to start a successful life on her own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment