Monday, February 9, 2009

New Books - Kind of Steamy and Risque

Ok girls, I have read two books in this series called "The Dark Hunter" Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. And let me tell you - they are steamy romance novels. And by steamy I mean STEAAAMMMYYY. I debated on whether or not to tell you about them even. But I could not help myself after the last one because they are SO GOOD! Bear with me here...

The first one in the series is called "Fantasy Lover" - I mean it has sex-filled romance novel all over it right. Well, it is about a Greek warrior named Julian who was banished to a page in a book for the rest of his life unless summoned by someone who only wants him as a "sex slave" for a month at a time. Yeah - crazy. Well a girl named Grace is best friends with a crazy palm reader named Selena. Well Selena had picked the book up in an old book store and figured out the legend behind it. okingly she and Grace get drunk on wine and pizza one night and summon Julian. And he actually shows up and Grace freaks and wants nothing to do with him. Well, the story starts from there and is such a good easy romance novel.

The second book is called "Night Pleasures" (I mean couldn't the titles be a little less embarassing?) It is about Julian's best friend from ancient Greece named Kyrian of Thrace. Well HE was punished for eternity by agreeing to become a "Dark-Hunter". And can you guess what a dark hunter is ladies??? Thats right - a vampire. There are four types of dark hunters, and Kyrian's duty is to protect humans from the bad dark-hunters. Well he wakes up in a cement room hand-cuffed to none other than Selena's sister, Amanda. Remember Grace's crazy palm reader friend. And that is where their story starts.

They are very easy reads! There are like 17 of them or something. And the characters in each book are all tied together somehow. And don't worr, the titles eventually get a little less embarassing to read in public. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. Steamy reads! wahoo sounds good to me. j/k I'll have to pick them up when I'm done with the Stephanie Plum series. I'm on book 8 and I'm addicted like JD. Even though I don't read them nearly as fast as JD did they are great and I can't wait to finish them. I will have to check if they have Fantasy lover at the library, although am I going to be embarrassed when I check them out at the library? No nudist pictures on the cover right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahhahah.. um... hahhahhaha.. sorry..

    i don't have a problem with steamy.. believe me..

    i think i've seen the books at longs.. i think. i was tempted to get one.. but i couldn't figure out with one was the first book.. and even then.. i think jd would have kicked my ass for buying another book before finishing the ones she's trying to get me to read! hahaha..

    thanks for the rec, danni..

    still haven't even finished Plum, i'm on like the 2nd chapter of book 2.. and it's been that way since before thanksgiving..

    ReplyDelete